WidgetMakr allows organization managers to grant “users” limited access to their widgets. This feature is especially useful in the context of list rental prospecting. When an organization manager rents an email list, the list owner may want insight into the performance of the fundraising initiative. Through a user account, a list owner can view a widget, copy the embed code and access fundraising information. However, unlike organization managers, users cannot modify widgets or view organization account information. This solution provides transparency for the list owner, while protecting the privacy of the organization manager’s WidgetMakr account.
The section for organization managers describes how to set up user accounts and grant users access to specific widgets. The section for widget users explains how an invited user can access a widget.
How to Invite a User
Following the steps below, organization managers may invite a third party, such as a prospecting list owner, to create a user account. The user will be able to access any widgets that the list owner has chosen to share with users.
1. Sign in to your WidgetMakr account.
2. Click “Organization Settings” in the top right corner.
3. Click “Users” on the lower menu bar.
4. Click “Invite User” on the right side, above the list of users.
5. Enter the email address of the person you wish to invite and click . He or she will receive an invitation to create a WidgetMakr account.
- The user should receive an email with the subject line, “You’ve Been Invited to Join WidgetMakr!” He or she should open the email and click on the link to accept the invitation and set up an account. (See How to Set Up a WidgetMakr User Account)
- You must share a widget before it will be visible to anyone with a user account. (See How to Share a Widget with Users.)
How to Share a Widget with Users
Following the steps below, organization managers may share a widget with users. Once a widget has been shared, anyone with a user account will be able to access it.
- From your dashboard, click on the top menu bar.
- Find and click on the widget that you want to share.
- On the right side (under “Options”) check the box
- Once a widget has been shared, all users will be able to view it.
This guide describes how an invited user, such as a prospecting list owner, can access a widget. A user must set up an account before accessing a widget. The user may then view the widget, copy the embed code and access fundraising information.
How to Set Up a WidgetMakr User Account
- Check your email and look for an email with the subject line, “You’ve Been Invited to Join WidgetMakr!” This email was generated when the organization manager invited you to be a user.
- Open the email and click on the link to accept the invitation and set up an account.
- Set up a WidgetMakr account, and accept the terms of service.
- Return to your email account and look for an email with the subject line, “Welcome to WidgetMakr.” Click on this email to confirm the email address and temporary password.
- Enter this information into the WidgetMakr login page. You will then see a limited WidgetMakr dashboard.
How to Access a Widget
- Open the WidgetMakr invitation email with the subject line, “A Widget Has Been Shared With You!”
- Follow the prompts to log in to your account.
- Click on the dashboard, which will display all of the widgets that have been shared with you. The widgets in the dashboard will initially be “grayed out.”
- Choose a widget and click “Use This Widget” on the right side of the widget dashboard.
- The widget will be added to your “collection,” and you will now be able to access it. A confirmation message should appear.
- The widget will now appear in full color in the dashboard. (See How to Navigate WidgetMakr as a User.)
How to Navigate WidgetMakr as a User
- To view a widget:
- Click “View Page” on the right side of the widget dashboard.
- You can view the widget, but you will not be able to edit it.
- To embed or link to a widget:
- Click “Embed Code” on the right side of the widget dashboard.
- Follow these instructions.
- To view the widget details:
- Click on the title of the widget in the widget dashboard.