Monthly recurring donations can be stopped directly in WidgetMakr. In order to successfully stop a recurring gift in WidgetMakr, you need to stop the original recurring contribution that was submitted by the donor and not one of the subsequent monthly donations.
Stopping a Recurring Gift in WidgetMakr
- Once logged into your WidgetMakr account, select the Conversions tab.
- To find the recurring donor and the corresponding original recurring donation, select the Advanced search.
- You’ll want to enter the donor’s name, email, donation’s date range, and/or check the “Recurring Only” checkbox.
- Once you’ve found the original recurring donation you’d like to stop, click the Details link under the donor’s name.
- There, you’ll be taken to the donation’s details and under the Payment Information section, you’ll see a button in the Recurring Donation field.
- When you press the button, you’ll be asked “Are you sure you want to stop the recurring donation? This action cannot be undone”. Click OK.
- Once the recurring donation has been successfully stopped, the Recurring Donation field will no longer have a Stop button, but instead will have the language “Stopped”. Then in the Conversions list, under the amount, it will say “Recurring (stopped)” in red instead of “Recurring” in orange.
**If you have any trouble stopping a recurring donation, please contact Feedback@WidgetMakr.com.