Through WidgetMakr, you can now connect multiple Source Codes to an individual widget. This function not only saves time since you only need to create one widget that can be used across several landing pages, but it also helps you track the source of your donations on the WidgetMakr dashboard. The steps below will show you how to add a source code to a widget in your account.
1. Log into WidgetMakr and create a widget.
2. After you click on the orange button in step 3, you should see this webpage in WidgetMakr.
3. In a new browser tab or window, copy the URL of the page with your widget on it.
4. At the end of the URL, type this parameter, ?sc=YourCode. All donations made through this widget will be tagged with the source code you specified.
Examples of source codes could be "?sc=Facebook", " ?sc=blog" or " ?sc=homepage.
Note: Instructions on how to add this parameter are listed on same WidgetMakr page that includes both the widget's URL and embed code. The parameter is listed under Overriding the Default Source Code.
5. Once the source code has been added, your URL should look similar to the example below.
6. Now, any donation that comes through this URL will be tagged with the code you added. You can review the source codes that have been used by going to your WidgetMakr dashboard.
7. You can review the source codes that have been used by going to your WidgetMakr dashboard.